[Gpdd] health: obie not swallowing

Chizeck, Susan P chizeck at utdallas.edu
Fri Jul 8 17:26:09 EDT 2005

Obie has been under treatment for an ovarian cyst, painful, but it was shrinking.  She had her second hormone shot on Thursday.  But now she is not drinking, although she seemed to be eating hay.  I gave her some critical care, but I think she did not swallow it.  When I tried to syringe some water into her, she seemed to be retching (tho nothing comes up) .  Now she is barely swallowing.  I think she is sitting there chewing a little of the critical care, but not drinking.  She is acting rather pathetic, all puffed up in a corner.  Any suggestions on what to do?.  I am going to get some meloxicam and see if painkiller will help her perk up at all.  She is 5 ½ and seems to be going fast.

Susan P. Chizeck,