[Gpdd] MISC- urine buildup, condolences to Joe, London friends

rzm.2 at juno.com rzm.2 at juno.com
Sat Jul 9 19:35:44 EDT 2005

Hi all! About the urine build up thing, I clean Albert's cage completely once a week. He has a plastic bottomed cage and sometimes the urine leaves a little crust in spots. I use a spray bottle with a mixture of half white vinegar & half water. I dump out the old bedding & spray the plastic down with this solution. I then let that soak while I clean all the other stuff in his cage. Then I just wipe everything out & dry really good before adding new bedding. Albert never smells, although I suppose if you have more then 1 piggie it could get a little stinky with the urine build up. I think it's Dr. Foster & Smith has a thing you wipe the bottom of the cage with that keeps bedding etc. from sticking. Maybe that would help. Try DrsFosterSmith.com.
To Joseph my condolences are with you. All piggies should be lucky enough to have the love you gave your piggies.
My thoughts & prayers to all our friends in England.
Take care to piggies & people!

***JAIME***