[Gpdd] HEALTH: Murray and his issues and Guinness' hay allergy

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 16:27:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Thanks, Candy, for the suggestions. His tumor is directly under his nipple and is getting to the point where really his nipple is becoming non-existent.There is always the possibility there are more in his abdomen somewhere right pushing on things. When he is drinking it is like you say, he has "green stuff" coming out of his mouth as he his licking at the tube.

Although, Alge, I did not think of CHF either, thank you for mentioning it. I will mention that to the vet too.

When I say Guinness is allergic to hay, I mean his eyes run and he gets noticeable more snuffly with nasal discharge when he is around it. He loves it and the symptoms bothered me more than him I think, but I had switched him to the compressed hay blocks. His new adoptive slave has a big big cage for him so he has a lot of space to get away from the hay and if that still doesn't help his symptoms, she may switch her other GP and Guinness to the blocks also. Not the ideal solution, but a workable one. I have done search after search after search about antihistamine use in GPs and have found nothing. My vet had not heard of anything other than using steroids which is not ideal. Does someone know of a "Benadryl" or some natural supplement that I can pass along for allergic piggies??

Wish the senior pigizens and I luck at the vets this week!

Lisa and the gang here at Wheeks and Squeaks