[Gpdd] Health: Snuggles

Elizabeth Loiselle biffyl at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 14:46:16 EDT 2005

Welcome to Snuggles and his  owner. I am sorry he is not feeling well/
Guinea pigs can have strokes, but the symptoms you describe could also
be from to much Vit C. They do need Vit. C,but should get it in their
veggies or oranges if he eats them. Some people don't advocate adding
tablets others do. Oters may be able to advise you better, but maybe you
could try not giving the Vit C tablets for a couple of days and see what
happens. The scratching and biting could be mites. The Vet will have to
do a skin scrapping to find out. You could try bathing him in Selsen
Blue or Main and Tail Pro Tec shampoo(for horses) Make sure you get the
Pro Tec shampoo. I hope this helps and Snuggles statrts feeling better soon.
Elizabeth