[Gpdd] HEALTH: Murray's Lump

JaydedAngel02 at aol.com JaydedAngel02 at aol.com
Fri Jul 22 19:12:37 EDT 2005

Lisa,
Hi, I am sooooo behind on my digests but when I was reading about Murray's
lump I couldn't help but be reminded of my Sammy. He had a mammary lump too and
 was 5 and-a-half. The vet told me surgery was a possibility but risky
because of  his age. Ultimately the tumor ulcerated and I had to try my best to keep
him  clean which was a job considering how low they are to the ground. He was
on  antibiotics also to prevent sepsis (?) but eventually he stopped moving
around  and eating and I had to help him over the Bridge. I chose not to put
him through  surgery thinking that was the right decision at the time but not a
day goes by  that I don't second-guess myself. You know, the what-ifs....
I know this doesn't help much but I really do know what you are facing  right
now. I can't tell you what you should do, of course, you have to do what  you
think is right for your little guy. I decided to enjoy the remaining time I
had with my little one without surgery because if he had passed during or from
 surgery I know I would have more guilt than I do now and who needs that?
Whatever you decide, Murray will know you made that choice out of  love.

Healing wheeps to Murray and all the other sick ones out there,
Colleen