[Gpdd] SILLY: Poop stacker!

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 20:56:08 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have to share this with you all because I find it so funny and I know you can all appreciate the humor in this!

Kendall is one of my foster pigs. She just had the four boys about a month ago and has been enjoying relaxing all by herself in her own cage. She has always been very fastidious about her "potty" habits and taught both her girls and boys to be the same way. The pee and poop in the corners. No peeing and pooping in the house! And poop in the food dish is also not tolerated.

So when she finally got to relax by herself (and start gaining some much needed weight) her poos always ended up in the corner. I always figured she backed her little hiney up and pooped in the corner. But I caught her carrying a poo in her mouth and STACKING it in the corner! And then I saw her do it again on a completely different day! How funny is that?!

The wee ones don't go to that extreme of course, but they still tend to use the corners.

She is such a funny little pig. I am not sure that I should put that on her adoption profile; that she is a poop stacker... I don't know that anyone else would find as much humor in it as I do LOL They probably would have no idea what I was talking about.

Anyway, I had to share Kendall's silly little quirk amidst all of the ongoing crises here at the rescue. We have two abscesses, and two impactions on pigs who have never had any issue before. I check all my boys every two weeks, and the ones that have chronic problems much more often so I was a bit surprised. So were they. They were very unappreciative of my ministrations!

Take care all, especially those overseas. You are all in our thoughts here....

Lisa and my gang at Wheeks and Squeaks