[Gpdd] Re: Health Care - Mites

Smileyjoevans at aol.com Smileyjoevans at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 13:39:36 EDT 2005

Subject: Mites

Hi, I have two piggies, Bonnie and Lucy and unfortunately Bonnie has  managed
to pick up mites.  They have both been to the vets and have each  had two
injections 7-10 days apart.  The vet has told me that it could take  up to 3 or 4
injections before they are clear of mites (Lucy has no sign of  them).  Is
this just a money spinner for the vets or do they really need  that many
injections?  I did try bathing them both a few times but it  didn't seem to work,
apparently the pet shop sold shampoos aren't strong enough  to kill the mites,
which in itself seems a rip-off.  Does anyone have any  suggestions?

Thanks,

Jo, Bonnie and Lucy