[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flick's bladder problems

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 15:43:33 EDT 2005

Greetings dear friends,

You've heard the old saying 'when it rains, it pours'...well, it is pouring
here. Yesterday evening Flick had to be cathetarized to unblock his urethra.
Sound familiar? His father, Cinnamon, underwent a similar procedure back in
May at an emergency clinic and later passed away here at home. Fortunately
we were able to get Flick in to see our regular vet, who performed the
cathetarization without having to anesthetize him. The blockage was not a
bladder stone, but a blood clot from his irritated bladder. He is still
passing blood, and is now on a different antibiotic to try and get the
infection cleared up. He was found to be running a fever as well, so he was
given an injection to help bring his temperature down. I took his
temperature this morning, and it has come down about two degrees from what
it was yesterday. He is really suffering with this bladder problem. He has
been rather subdued today...definitely not his usual lively self.

Sweetheart,too, has had a recurrance of her bladder problems. She began
passing blood in her urine, and so she is also on antibiotics. Thankfully,
she seems to be doing quite well.

We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to those who have lost a dear
piggie friend recently, and healing thoughts to those piggies who are not
feeling well.

Warmly,
Sherry and the Piggie Pals
www.piggiepals4u.blinkz.com