[Gpdd] Behavior: Wheeeeee LOVE Timothy Hay!!!

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 11:41:28 EDT 2005

Hello Slaves!
I just wanted to share some fun stories about
my piggies since I haven't written much about
them in a while. Well, back in June at our
Pignic, I bought them this Cool wooden house
for two. And they both Love it! I keep it in
their cage and in the morning after I change
their towels, I always put fresh, delicious
timothy hay on the towels right beside the
house (loose hay). So, I'll pile the hay up
really high cuz they like that (especially
Butterscotch).

Well, the house has two openings and my
pigs are so funny cuz they'll stick their heads
out of the openings (at the same time), so it
looks like they've got their heads in a
guillotine--Too CUTE!

So, eventually Butterscotch will want to get
the 'good' hay in the middle, so he will go
to one side of the hay and then sort of bury
himself in the hay, rumblestrutting and
purrrrrrring the whole time. And then, he'll
come out the other end munchin' away, with a
whole bunch of hay on his head. Ha ha!

Well, later once the novelty of the 'new' hay
has worn off, Brownie Bear will go lay on top
of the whole hay pile and guard the hay. She's
so Adorable when she does it, because she'll
flatten out like road-kill (as one Slave put it).
And she'll fall asleep there. Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Oh, and this is Crazy, but sometimes Butterscotch
will jump on top of the wooden house, and then
he'll jump onto the hay from the top of the house,
like he thinks he's in a Mosh Pit or something!!

Oh, the Joys of being a Slave...

By the way, if anyone wants to see a pigture of
the wooden house, or buy one for your piggie(s),
go to:

http://www.mgpr.org/MGPR/Guinea%20Pig%20Store.htm

Scroll down a little and you'll see
the LARGE Nesting/Hiding Box. And you
know, you would think that Sassy Brownie
Bear wouldn't share it with Butterscotch,
but she does. She Loves her little Brother.
Brownie Bear and Butterscotch recommend it
100%!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear
                    and Butterscotch :-)