[Gpdd] (HEALTH) Itchie Louie

Sandra Oliver-Poore oliverpoore at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 25 18:05:37 EDT 2005

You dont mention if your vet treats Louie for parasites, even a scapping for mites is not conclusive if negative, they are very sneaky critters.  I would highly recommend a course of ivermection injections by the vet. as soon as the pest season starts. I would always treat my Penny Giggles with Ivermectin (I used the horse paste version available at feedstores, a small amount on the end of a q-tip, 3 treatments 3 wheeks to a month apart),  Then I would use Frontline, 1 drop behind the ears once a month for 3 months.  Then back to Ivermectin if pests are still in season.  I never needed to treat over the cold months.

I urge you to try this even if your vet cant find pests, it almost always works.  Start with the Ivermectin as it kills internal pests as well.  I do rmember a post about aspirin used for arthritis,  check the archives
Good luck
Sandy