[Gpdd] HEALTH - To Candy About Mollie Pigger

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 14:34:11 EDT 2005

Thanks, Janelle, for the great information.  I remember now that you had
talked about thickened bladder walls.  I think that I have heard that
interstitial cystitis can, in fact, cause thickening of the bladder walls
and that is probably why I connected you to it.  I appreciate your response
to my question.

Hope your piggies are happy and popcorning and doing well!  Thanks for the
extra info on your vet and also for your good wishes for Mollie and the
TopsterMan.

Candy, Topper and Mollie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vet can't understand why the bladder won't go back to it's normal thickness
in both pigs.  She's called many other Vet's and they have no idea, either.
Since they are related, it's a genetic thing.
   Their bladder walls are now twice as thick as normal.  They used to be
three times as thick as normal.  So she said that was a good thing.  But
they
both still scream in pain if she pushes on their little bladders.
   So they will both be on Metacam, Shilintong, and Cosequin For Cats for
the rest of their lives.  This is not something that will just go away.  But
they NEVER had any blood in their urine.  Not that I could see, anyway.
I have a 3rd pig that is closely related so I'm always watching. cute!
   I hope someone knows more about this.  I doubt this was much help.  You
or your Vet are welcome to call my Vet if you think it would be of any
help.She's a Rodentologist and seems to know quite a bit about these furry
guys.Plus, she's been to England a few times to specifically discuss rabbit
and guinea pig care.
   Healing wheeks to Mollie and stay well Topper!
Janelle