[Gpdd] Re: [HEALTH] gp chewing on his foot

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 17:52:01 EDT 2005

Karen,

This pig needs to see another vet ASAP.  I know of a pig that started to chew on his hind legs and the third vet the owners finally took him to found out he had a broken lower back.

It is possible this pig cannot feel his back legs or feet, so he feels the need to chew at them.  As for preventing the chewing, I don't know except to keep them bandaged.

Good luck and I hope all is well with the pig and the vet finds out what is wrong.

Wheeks to all,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the lone boar, Flint

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"