[Gpdd] Health: Mocha vet visit

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 20:45:27 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone

I just spend 5 hours going to the vet and test on
Mocha. He is whining when he poos. Dr Patton said he
looked clean out, no infection, and no strictures on
his visual examination.
He took a stool sample and a panoramic x-ray. He said
the stool were well formed and digested. They were a
little dry though. He said to try to add more fiber in
the form of canned pumpkin.
The x-ray showed a little more gas than normal. I just
love looking at those gp panoramics. He said all his
organs looked good and were in the proper place. He
could not see any obstructions or kidney or bladder
stones. He is at a lose as to what would be making him
whin.
I have already tried giving him mineral oil to loosen
his stools up. He whined whined with the softer stools
too. He whined with pain meds too. Maybe he is not big
enough somewhere in there. Dr. Patton said his opening
was wide and clear. He looks and acts totally normal
until he poos. I hate for him to be in pain all day
long. I was even wondering whether I should put him to
sleep since he poos about 80 times a day. I doubt if
Dr. Patton would want to do that though. He seems to
be a happy boy. He weight 2 1/2 pounds, so he is a big
boy now.
Dr. Patton said he would e-mail a few people to see if
they have ever heard of this problem. I told him a few
on the gpdd had had this problem, but I never heard
anyone figure out what was wrong.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com