[Gpdd] (Virtual) End of Pignic speech by Sonny

Sandra Oliver-Poore oliverpoore at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 3 20:12:24 EDT 2005

Our coming together, both for this Ist Annual International Guinea Pignic Day, and in our daily lives, I am stuck most of all by the essential human-ness of us Piggies and also, thinking about it, the essential pigginess of our humans, not that whee started out that way, but rather grew together until the point whee all realized, he is more  than a fur ball to cuddle, she is more than a romaine delivery system. Our humans have come to see our nature, have been with us as whee lived our lives and made friends, some that grew to deep bonds, that when shattered by illness,  death, or separation have caused profound feelings in us that our humans have learned to perceive and ultimately to appreciate and share.

Now our humans learn to allow us a final goodbye to a departed friend, they are learning to keep bonded pairs together, and to listen to our unusual signs, whether whee are just having a bad day, or a teefie ache, to our distress calls when whee are out of water to even our calls when the house catches fire.  And whee too have learned to read our humans and to comfort them in their hard times and to celebrate with them their good times,  but more than any thing, to celebrate our coming together, whee celebrate our essential humanness, they their basic pigginess, whee are coming together to share that voyage that is our time together on this earth and our walk together towards what lies beyond.

Their are other special cavies whee need to extend a helping paw.  There are those who are living improved lives in the very special places whee call RESCUES.  These piggies may have lost their own closest companions, both piggy and human, or they may have been plucked from conditions so deplorable as to be unimaginable to us. They live now on the brink of their new lives with new companions so think well of them, help find them a home, and urge your humans to contribute some way to keeping these remarkable enterprises going.  And help your slave parents be active, to go on piggie patrol at the local petstores and urge your parent slaves to speak out, directly to shop keepers or through organizations like PETA, the ASPCA, your local shelters and rescues.

And so as this first International Guinea Pignic Day draws to a close, Whee take a moment to remember our wonderful companions that have continued on ahead, and also to appreciate the ones whee still walk with, and with special mention those special ones whee celebrate today, and the ones whee are going home to.

See ya next year piggy friends, now lets go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!