[Gpdd] (Health) re: Mocha whining when he poos

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 13:00:48 EDT 2005

Dawnda,
My Jasper does that too. I've not had him to the vet,
as he doesn't seem to be in pain, per se (and quite
honestly, I just can't afford it right now). He
doesn't seem to be straining, either. His poos are
well-formed and they don't even look dry. He also eats
plenty of hay and drinks plenty of water.  And my
Oscar whines when he scratches his belly--probably
because he's fat and has to work to bend his head down
that far : )

If Mocha doesn't seem to be in pain any other time and
the vet said everything on the inside seems normal, it
would be a shame to put him to sleep over what may be
nothing. I'm kinda looking at it this way:
Do you ever watch tennis, or have seen players like
Andre Agassi? They grunt when they swing the raquet--
not just once or twice but every time. It's not out of
pain, it's just something they do. Maybe Mocha and
Jasper are just giving themselves a little
"encouragement" when they go poo : )

Is he screaming, or just whining? Screaming would
probably be another story. Screaming indicates
something is Very Wrong.

Take care,
Stacy and the Squee Squad