[Gpdd] Announce: Kenzie's babies are here and Guinness still sick

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 07:39:38 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

At about 2.30am today, Kenzie finally had her babies. She had three girls, who all look like her, and one boy, who look just like his papa.

Sadly though, one of the little females was stillborn. It always breaks my heart when that happens especially because I can never know WHY. I feel like I jinxed her just because she was so enormous I kept telling people I hoped she was only having three big babies versus say six small ones, just because my rescue here is so full (I have had 8 surrenders in one week!). I know my thoughts didn't have anything to do with it, but I still feel guilty for the little soul who never got a chance.

Mama and the other three are doing well though. They are so adorable of course. They are crested which I think makes them look so determined. They also have to grow into their ears but they are so precious.

My Guinness is still not recovered from his upper respiratory infection and it has been over three weeks. Is it possible that he could have some sort of permanent damage from not being treated soon enough? Can GPs get asthma or have allergies? I don't know how long he was sick before he came into rescue. He is eating finally though, bless his little heart.

Lydia, the oat groats are a BIG hit around here! Thank you so much for tellinh me about them.

On a completely non-GP related topic, has anyone ever had their dog go through immune-mediated thrombocytopenia and hemolytic anemia (his body is killing his own platelets and red blood cells)? Can you send me a personal email please if you have? One of my dogs is going through it now and I just want to talk to someone who has been through this.

Be well,
Lisa and the gang at Wheeks and Squeaks