[Gpdd] Re: vacuums

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 13:49:08 EDT 2005

I have a shop vac but it's huge, so I'm trying to avoid schlepping it
around the living room and dining room if possible. I agree that it
should be able to handle anything Niles can throw at me.

I've never heard of a Kirby or a Riccar. I'll have to look into those.
Or some kind of bagless system. My ideal vacuum would be easy to
maneuver, able to make aspen bedding and most hay disappear from bare
floor, low pile carpet, and the inside of my couch without me having to
think too hard, and wouldn't choke entirely on the dusty orange shag
carpeting the previous homeowners put on the stairs and in the upstairs
hall. Though I could cheerfully part with the shag carpet.

The easiest short-term solution for the bare floors would be to dry
swiffer and use my whisk broom and dustpan to pick up what I find. I
have a couple of squeegees around here, so maybe I'll give that a try
too.

-ginger