[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: Sometimes I miss the bigest little guys...

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 20:42:13 EDT 2005

I must apologize before continuing for failing to  offer my sympathy and
regrets to Brit on the crossing of SCOOTER the gerbil. All  too often I fail to
see the original posting of one of our little ones crossing  the bridge. It's
not until scanning following posts do I realize that I have  missed one. Someone
has already said the most poignant statement of all. That  being the size of
a pet has no bearing on the pain of loosing it. So many think  loosing such a
little guy or girl can't possibly have the same heartbreaking  impact as
loosing a dog or a cat. Well I think I might take the following  position to those
that think in such an uncaring manner. The pain in loosing a  pet is in fact
DIS proportionate to the pets size. Such is the case I am sure  with SCOOTER.
We in the guinea pig world are familiar with weights from 2-4  pounds. Knowing
a gerbil is considerably less, then based on that position would  make the
pain of loosing SCOOTER as deep as we guinea pig lovers feel for our  little
guys. Regardless, there is never enough time to say I love you and no  where near
the time to say good bye. In reading of SCOOTER'S crossing there was  some
peace to be found to know he crossed so softly to meet SKEETER. I  suspect
SKEETER called his brother from just his side of the bridge when it  was the easiest
on him to cross. At any rate, I am sorry for y our loss but  know they are
once again together and now they only await you when it is  your time to make
the crossing. I know you will miss both of  them.

Sincerely,

Joesph C. Petrillo, GEORGE the guinea pigs daddy  ALWAYS