[Gpdd] HEALTH- eating grass

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Fri Jun 10 15:12:39 EDT 2005

     I'm no expert, but my idea on why the piggies urine turns a light reddish color when they eat grass would be that the chlorophyll in the grass colors their urine reddish. If there is a biologist in the crowd they could tell me if this is correct but I'm thinking that when the grass is dies and dries and becomes hay, the chlorophyll dies, too. Anyone know for sure?
      You can tell your friend that the same thing happens with Bud. This is his second summer and, while he has hay available, he eats almost exclusively grass and his fresh veggies and fruit. I have grass available for him 24-7 and his urine is that slightly darker color, too.

Carla and Bud