[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge

emartin emartin at metrocast.net
Fri Jun 10 12:40:04 EDT 2005

Copper became ill last night and as I feared did not last long.  My husband
and I think she suffered a from of a stroke yesterday evening as she went
from playing and popcorning with the others at floor time last night, to
laying in a corner and unable to move one side of her body by midnight.
Cuddles knew something was up and moved closer in her cage to sit with her.
She even tried to nip her through the cage to get her to get up.

Her sister Snowball and long time cage mate is not dealing well with her
death.  She refuses to come out of her pigloo.  I am worried about her!  She
does not get along with either of my other females but really likes pur boar
Pickles.  I moved her cage next to his in hopes that he can cheer her.

I knew this time would come sooner or later for us.  Copper & Snowball are
new to us, but older than five and Cuddles is four at this time.

Any ideas on how to help Snowball with the loss of Copper?

I would appreciate seeing Copper added to rainbow bridge.

Liz with Very sad Snowball, Pickles, Casper & Cuddles.