[Gpdd] [MISC] Litter box training...

Lydia Boland owsla at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 11 02:13:56 EDT 2005

Hay is what encourages our piggies to use their litter boxes the most.
They tend to poop while they eat.  We put a layer of Trader Joes
version of Feline Pine on the bottom and then a nice layer of hay on
top.  Then we add some fresh hay everyday.  Once a week all of the
litter boxes that the rabbits and pigs use get completely changed out.
I notice that they also poop and pee around their food bowl and water
bottle.  While some pigs may be great at being neat I think most pigs
aren't.  But our pigs love to hang out in the litter boxes sleeping on
the nice soft hay when they aren't eating it.  To be honest the pigs
have been better about using the boxes than the rabbits since we are in
process of bonding bunny Hazel to bunnies Polly and Sophie.  The buns
all feel as though they need to mark their territory.  Hopefully it
will get better once they are bonded.

Lydia