[Gpdd] Re: Announce--address to write to judge in GP cruelty case

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Jun 12 22:23:40 EDT 2005

Deb, thank you for posting the address of Judge Hennessy.  I will
definitely be writing; I hope that everyone will.  Perhaps through a
(polite) outpouring of mail to the judge, we can educate him about the
needs -- physical, mental, and social -- of piggies.  I think he is indeed
thinking of them as "much lesser" dogs, with minimal requirements.

As an "adoptive parent" of two of the rescue piggies (Sunshine and
Tumbleweed), I plan to tell the judge about their daily routines (lots of
floortime, etc.), their vet visits (Sunshine had a benign lump removed in
March), their dietary requirements, the importance of regular cage cleaning
and other hygiene issues, the necessity for regular interaction with them
to help them in their mental development, and so on.  (Somehow I'll squeeze
all that into one page, since the shorter, the better.)

My point, of course, is that they received none of these things from their
former owner, and the 10 piggies who will be returned to him will likely
suffer (to say the very least) because of the judge's decision.

For anyone who missed it, I'm taking the liberty of posting the address again:

Judge W. Louis Hennessy
PO Box 3070
Courthouse
200 Charles Street
La Plata, MD  20646-3070

Please write.

Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed