[Gpdd] Announcement - Question on Judge's decision in abuse case in MD

Staileys staileys at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 12:22:32 EDT 2005

In the original 2004 story of the MD Guniea pig abuse case, it stated that
"For the civil offense of cruelty to animals, Rohland faces fines of $50 to
$500 for each count, Assistant County Attorney Josh Hamlin said. The fine
for operating a commercial animal establishment without a license is $150,
he said."

My question is - were any monetary fines levied against him? This man has a
history of animal abuse! Returning 10 guinea pigs to him, no breeding
allowed and a 2 year probation with unannounced checks is absolutely
ludicrous! I assume he has not been given any training in proper guinea pig
care in the interim.  Thus, the judge just sentenced those 10 piggies to a
life of cruel and inhumane treatment. Hmmm, I wonder now who should be
charged with cruelty to animals????

Laura Stailey