[Gpdd] Care: food question

Moxie and Nexus moxie17 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 13 13:44:54 EDT 2005

Condolences to those who have lost pigs recently.
Is it possible to freeze pellets?  The reason I ask is I ordered some Cavy Cuisine from The Ferret Store.  I received my shipment and it was on back order.  I had to buy a bag yesterday at a pet store so I wouldn't run out.  I was going to call the Ferret Store to get something else, but I don't need anything else, so I'll be getting a second bag soon.  I only have one pig.  It's the smallest bag they sell, not the large one.  This is the second time I've ordered from the Ferret Store and it has been on back order.  The only reason I was ordering from them is that is where I buy my ferret food and treats and you need to spend $35 to get free shipping.  It seems like it works out that when I get low on ferret food, the pig food is also low.  I freeze ferret food with no problem but was wondering about the Vitamin C in the pellets, if freezing could ruin that.  This has probably been asked before, so I apologize if it has.

Moxie, Nexus, and Smudge
God Bless America
In God We Trust