[Gpdd] Health: Zippy's post-mortem results

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 20:06:14 EDT 2005

Hi Lisa

I'm sorry to hear the post-mortem results of Zippy. It
is not published enough about gradually switching
foods to guinea pigs.
I see it all the time listed for chinchillas, but not
guinea pigs. I was very concerned when I got my
chinchilla because she had been feeding Duncan rabbit
pellets. She said they were cheaper. She did not have
any extra left so I just had to start him on
chinchilla delight from oxbow hay. He did OK, but I
could have went through the same thing as you did with
Zippy. Our pets are very fragile little animals.

You could not have done anything else when your food
was not ordered, just like I could not do anything
about my chinchilla former diet. I'm sorry you had to
loose your pig.
All my pigs had their diets changed when they came to
me. Some I did not have a clue what they had been
eating before. It is surprising this kind of thing
does not happen more. Maybe it does, people just do
not know why they have died.
I wish I could make you feel better, but I know I
cannot. Give the rest of your pigs a hug. That will
make you feel a little better.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com