[Gpdd] CARE- abrupt change in diet

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Tue Jun 14 15:46:02 EDT 2005

Lisa,

     I was so sorry to hear about Mr. Zippy. Earlier in the year I posted on the digest asking if it was necessary to introduce guinea pigs to fresh grass gradually in the spring because I know this is a big MUST with horses. No one answered but now I'm going to assume the answer is "yes"!!! Because I didn't know, I did things gradually with Bud. I'm sure often there is no problem but you might just have a piggy that is a little weaker or more susceptible than the average and then you have these tragic results.
     One of the things that I love so much about the digest is that, even when we make mistakes, as we all do, the mistakes can have a positive outcome in educating other owners. You'll never know how many lives that Mr. Zippy's experience saved but we all thank you for sharing.
     Bud and I extend our sincere condolences. There's a little hole in your heart but I hope you are comforted by knowing we all have learned from your tragedy.

Carla and Bud