[Gpdd] Health: Poop Contamination

Lydia Boland owsla at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 15 01:59:07 EDT 2005

We throw all the bowls/crocks in the dishwasher with all of our other
dishes.  We've never had cross-contamination.  If I don't have time to
load the dishwasher right away then they sit in one of the sinks or on
the left side of the sinks with other dirty dishes.  The bottles we
wash by hand because they are plastic and we really have to get in
there with a sponge and scrubber.  I recently bought a tiny bottle
scrubber that cleans the metal tube of the water bottle.  We didn't
realize how icky they were until we got that.  You could probably also
use a pipe cleaner or a Q-tip.  We bought the Lixit Economy Bottle/Tube
Brush for $1.99 at http://www.rabbitstop.com/ .  My husband didn't
think the bottle brush was very good but the tube brush is great.  We
use a heavy duty bottle brush that we bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond for
the bottles.

Lydia