[Gpdd] Health: tooth color

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 15 17:52:01 EDT 2005

Is there a range of normal color for pig teeth? Steve Slave says he
thinks Niles's teeth are yellowish brown and wonders if his teeth
didn't use to be white and is this a problem. Me, I don't remember
exactly what color his teeth were three months ago. My impression was
that the tips were whitish when they aimed for my finger or a hapless
baby carrot, but that might or might not have been the color of the
whole tooth. I don't want to go provoke him by pulling up his little
purplish piggy lips (which are fine, he IS a black pig) to check - I
value my fingers.

I'll probably ask his vet when I call in his weight next week. Is this
something I need to address sooner? Please, please tell me he doesn't
need whitening toothpaste. ;-)

-ginger slave
part of the Niles Cougar slave contingent