[Gpdd] RE:Health. Re: mating behaviour.

ADCAVY at aol.com ADCAVY at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 05:23:13 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I've just read Candy's posting about Topper and Mollie. When the males mate
they ejaculate ( sorry ) and then place a waxy plug in  to make sure that
fertilisation does take place. Some expets believe it also stops other boars
from trying to do the same later. The waxy plug melts within a few hours with
the body's heat. That's why so few of us slaves ever get to see anything like
this.

I think it was Carla,  Bud's owner who asked about spring grass  and bloat in
guinea pigs. You were right Carla, it is always best to  introduce Spring
grass or any other new food slowly to avoid bloat just like in  horses.

here in the UK, on the Rare Variety Cavy Club message board, on the  internet
and in the Cavy nagazine  there has been a lot of talk about  osteodystrophy
in satin pigs. It seems the gene that causes the satinisation of  the coat may
be responsible for a bone diease in satins. Have any other slaves
(worldwide) been following this story?

I am more than happy to pass on information I have found as this  seems to
have serious implications not only for breeders of all breeds who have
satinised coats but piggie slaves who own them too.

Best Wishes, Antoinette ans the Magic 71.