[Gpdd] Re: Health: Poop Contamination

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 16 12:47:12 EDT 2005

FWIW, Niles's vet says there are very few illness that cross species
between pigs and people. Ordinary soap and hot water are used on both
human dishes and pig dishes (which sometimes come into contact with
poos, because some pigs (not naming any names here) have been known to
crawl right into their food dishes). I do not bleach, use boiling
water, or otherwise sanitize unless I'm brewing. So far, we have not
made each other sick, except when I overstressed during Niles's
illness, but that was probably psychological and had nothing to do with
pig poo.

-ginger
part of the Niles Cougar slave contingent