[Gpdd] RESCUE-Abuse trial part2

rzm.2 at juno.com rzm.2 at juno.com
Thu Jun 16 16:04:01 EDT 2005

 As if all these issues weren’t  bad enough, there’s the character of Rohland
himself.  This
man was already charged with animal abuse once. Isn’t that enough? Now you are
letting
him get away with it once again! Last November he left 15 guinea pigs at an
animal shelter
that he never even went back for. This is very fortunate for the guinea pigs,
however just
goes to prove he couldn’t even take care of them, let alone the hundreds of
guinea pigs he
abused since then. His excuses of “renovating his kennel”, lack of ventilation
because of
“the sonic sound” causing miscarriages, rain causing him to “be unable to clean
up the
sanitary condition”, and having unfilled water bottles are pathetic! His neglect
and abuse
are bad enough, but I don’t understand how you could ignore the fact that he
freezes
clumps of animals, and left dead guinea pigs laying rotting on the floor, and
even worse, in
cages with other guinea pigs. This is not normal behavior. This is the sign of a
disturbed
individual who needs help, not someone who should be allowed to continue to own
animals! His malice and abuse towards these animals is obvious. He does not care
about
their welfare. Someone who loves their animals would never dream of treating
them in this
manner. He is not fit to be a breeder either. A good breeder does it for the
love of the
animal and strives to maintain the integrity of the breed. Allowing him to
continue
breeding these creatures just allows him to continue to bring sick and
unfortunate animals
into this world. I know, “His home will be inspected periodically”. That does
nothing.  All
that does is allow him the opportunity to start the whole cycle over again. His
statement “I
am a kennel breeder, and I don’t breed sick animals. I endeavor to be a good
breeder”,
shows how misguided he is!  I’m sorry you would “feel awkward” for not letting
him own
animals, but why should these guinea pigs be made to suffer more? Haven’t they
been
through enough already? Their lives have been horrible enough, they should at
least get to
live out the rest of their lives in peace in a loving home.  He is the criminal
here, yet they
are the ones being punished. I know they are just “things” to you, but to those
of us who
care for God’s creatures we understand how sweet and gentle these animals are.
This man
needs help. Letting him continue to own animals is just going to continue the
cycle of
abuse and neglect. This does not help him, his community, or these animals.
Please give
these 10 guinea pigs a chance at a normal happy existence. I think after all
they’ve been
through they certainly deserve it. Thank you for taking the time to read this
letter.

            Sincerely,

            Jaime Zimmerman
P.S.- I did not put the names of GPDD or any other orgs. I belong to cause I
didnot want to compromise the integrity of our website. Don't want to ruin a
good thing!

***JAIME***

***JAIME***