[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear went to the Vet...

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 17:36:04 EDT 2005

Hi Leah

I'm glad Brownie Bear did not have stones. That is
always a big relief!!
The lasix will irritate her bladder, so just give it
to her when you can tell she needs it.
 The lasix giving Sabrina all the UTI's was a reason
my vet thought she started having stones. Diabetes
contributed to that too.
Sabrina all of the sudden did not bloat up or have
congestion. The x-rays shows an enlarged heart, but
she has not had to have her lasix for over a year.
I do have two other pigs on it now though. Actually he
changed it to diuril because he thought it would be
less irritating to the bladder. It also takes less
potassium out than lasix. It is the diuretic that was
used before lasix came out. I had to have the
pharmacist order some to mix up because he did not
have anyone on it anymore. It is a small pharmacy
though.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com