[Gpdd] Re: HEALTH: Mating Behavior

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:04:31 EDT 2005

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  Will my ignorance NEVER end?????
[remind me to tell you about Topper's "pubic tumor" sometime. . .]
Thank you, Antoinette and Stacy, for the information and your
reassurances.  Truly, y'all, this is one of the weirdest things I have
ever seen.  And, Lydia, who would have suspected that it actually
WAS dear, neutered Topper who was the culprit???    :)     :)

Candy, Studly-but-shouldn't-be Topper and
           now-VERY-embarrassed Mollie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've just read Candy's posting about Topper and Mollie. When the males
mate
they ejaculate ( sorry ) and then place a waxy plug in  to make sure
that
fertilisation does take place. Some expets believe it also stops other
boars
from trying to do the same later. The waxy plug melts within a few hours
with
the body's heat. That's why so few of us slaves ever get to see anything
like
this.
That's pretty normal. The ejaculate forms a very thick
"plug" to keep the semen in and prevent another male
pig from successfully mating with the sow. I believe
it happens in other animals as well. Peter Gurney
mentions it in his books.
So, never fear--your piggies are okay!