[Gpdd] RESCUE: What's Happening With the Rest of the Tri-County Pigs

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 09:33:25 EDT 2005

Richard Rohland went to the shelter this past Monday, June 13th, and  took
his 10 guinea pigs that the judge awarded returned to him. I haven't slept  well
since, and last night, almost not at all! The thought of him having these
animals makes me ill. The thought that the judge even awarded him any animals is
 horrifying after all the evidence of animal neglect and cruelty. The staff
at  the shelter gave him some of the cages people had donated to them.. nice
sized  Marchioros and such. Beaten up, but nonetheless, larger. He had brought 2
small  cages with wire bottoms to the shelter to pick up the 10.

The staff also educated him on care. I am so glad, because that part upset
me to no end.

Of the 50 remaining piggies, 15 have already been given to another rescue
group in our area. The other 35 may go up to Connecticut to another rescuer and
a sanctuary. The sanctuary is owned by a veterinarian who has a setup for
them  to be inside and go outside in a protected space during nice weather.
Considering that the guinea pigs have liven all of their lives in a herd so  far,
with not much human contact except for the daily feedings and cleanings at
the shelter (and who knows what happened before then), this sounds like an ok
setup to me. But... I don't know because I haven't seen it. The shelter manager
 will call the vet at the sanctuary to find out and also call another vet who
is  a reference. If this works out, the transport is probably not going to be
too  hard.

If it doesn't work out, I can let the transport group know
(_gpig_transport at yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:gpig_transport at yahoogroups.com) )  and we can arrange
another transport for these pigs.

I am sure he took the most adoptable pigs from the 60 (who were the most
adoptable).

If you haven't already done so, please take a look at the below trial
results. They are sickening. Then you can write to the judge and the newspaper  that
published it.

Judi

_http://members.aol.com/bunsnpigs/rohltri1.gif_
(http://members.aol.com/bunsnpigs/rohltri1.gif)   (part 1 of article)

_http://members.aol.com/bunsnpigs/rohltri2.gif_
(http://members.aol.com/bunsnpigs/rohltri2.gif)   (part 2 of article)

Honorable W. Louis Hennessy
P. O. Box 3070
Courthouse
200 Charles St.
La Plata, MD 20646 -  3070
(301) 932-3300
1-800-941-3463 (toll free)

Letter to the Editor of the Maryland Independent:
Angela Breck: abreck at somdnews.com