[Gpdd] [HEALTH] GP's and baby aspirin

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 02:49:49 EDT 2005

Thank you, Rita, for the good information about aspirin and
anti-inflammatories in general.  I appreciate you sharing your experience
with me.  I am positive - because I can absolutely see the change in her -
that the aspirin continues to work on the pain and swelling in Mollie's
back.  It puzzles me, though, why the Metacam, which is also an
anti-inflammatory, would not (or, did not in Mollie's case) accomplish the
same thing.  I guess these little fur babies are just like us - sometimes,
some things work better than others.  I'm just simply happy that MollieBug
is zooming around and feeling good again!

So sorry to hear about the problems that you had.  I hope that they are long
in the past now and that you, too, are "zooming around and feeling good
again".   :)   Thanks again for the info - and Mollie says, "Wheeeek!", too.

Candy, Topper and Mollie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To answer your question about why aspirin, I have had a problem with my
neck from an accident I was in 20 years ago.  Through my rehab I learned
that aspirin was an anti-inflammatory used to lessen the swelling around
injured areas.  When ever my neck starts getting stiff and swelling
around the problem site I take either asprin or Advil (another
anti-inflammatory).  Swelling around the disk cause the majority of the
problems with paralysis.  I woke up about 5 years ago and could not get
out of bed because of going to an chiropractor that didn't tell me he
was going to "pop" my neck without x-rays to see what was going on
inside my neck.  That made my problems worse because he aggravated the
situation.  Needless to say I had to go through a long period of
physical therapy and drug therapy.  It sounds like that is what has in a
way happened to Mollie due to her moving the wrong way.  I don't know if
this helps or not but figured with what I have been through I hate to
see a little precious piggie suffer the way I did.
Rita