[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flick has bladder stones

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:40:00 EDT 2005

Greetings to our friends at GPDD,

We hope that you are all doing well and enjoying your summer. We don't enjoy
going outside so much any more, as it is SO HOT out there! Anyway, we have a
request...please send some healing thoughts our way...our Flick went to the
vet on Monday and was found to have a UTI and two small bladder stones. Our
vet thinks that he may be able to pass them on his own, or that they may
dissolve as we get his bladder infection cleared up. He will be x-rayed
again in about thirty days to see if there has been any change. We are
hoping that surgery will not be necessary. The only experience we have had
with bladder stones is when our Cinnamon had them, and his was so large that
he had to have surgery. The difference is that Cinnamon was only one and a
half years old at the time, and Flick is almost four. We are really very
worried about him. Please, if anyone has had a similar experience and been
successful in having the stones dissolve, we would love to hear from you.
Any advice at all would be most welcome, and we send many thanks in advance.

Warmly,
Sherry, Flick, and 13 concerned piggie pals