[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Heatwave help

Dr Kay Dudman kdudman at lgu.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 19:03:34 EDT 2005

My piggies are indoor piggies too, and what I do for mine is put one of
those little chiller blocks (for picnics and sandwiches) in the fridge or
freezer overnight, and then put one on top of their homes on a piece of
kitchen paper (to catch any drips) during the day.  This means there is a
gentle settling of cool air rather than a draft.  I don't put the block
in their homes as it would be far too cold for them to snuggle up to - brrr!
They don't seem to like the sound of a fan in the room, but I wouldn't
have a fan blowing on them, just to circulate the air.  If it's possible
to keep the curtains or shutters closed but with a window open, that will
make it cooler too.  Claire, maybe you could move Tea and Biscuit to
different parts of the house morning/afternoon, whichever is cooler at the
time?

Hope this helps,

Kay