[Gpdd] HEALTH: Grease gland area

mtjaffe at verizon.net mtjaffe at verizon.net
Thu Jun 23 09:32:15 EDT 2005

About 5 weeks ago I noted that Lucky's grease gland area was quite a mess and cut out some matted fur and used some oil to massage out some other really goopey fur.  This resulted in a small bald spot, but I wasn't too worried about it since I assumed the hair would quickly grow back (much like after his recent surgery when he had his tummy area shaved and it quickly grew back). When checking him last night, the bald spot is still there -- no fur has grown back in.  It doesn't seem overly irritated but it is hard to tell if it is bothering him since he doesn't like to be touched in that area in general.  Any ideas for keeping the area clean in general and encouraging fur regrowth?  It is hard to keep a check on it --even though he is a short hair, he has some really long fur covering his butt end.

Thanks for any tips,
Lucky's slave