[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Jack, my pig protector

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 15:38:29 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I know this is a wee bit off the guinea pig subject, but my beloved Jack, my Rottweiler fighting IMHA/ITP went to the bridge last night. He has joined my Zippy over there.

He was my pig protector like Paige, my boxer is a pig guardian. When they were out for floor time he would sit right by them and he would let them come up close and sniff and investigate. If one of the cats got too inquisitive he would be the one to make the cat back off. Paige always lets me know when something is wrong in the pig room so I could do something. Jack was a do-er and made sure everything was A-OK.

I feel so empty without both Jack and Zippy. It always hurts so much when they leave even though in my rational mind you know they cannot live forever. My rescue pigs have been quite subdued since yesterday. No wheeking or popcorning. I hope they will perk up today. Their antics never fail to make me laugh.

Ely, one of my three-week-old babies, is the spunkiest litle guy and is always kicking up his heels and running and even he has been remarkably quiet.

Thank you for listening, I know you all know how much I hurt right now and to know you guys are out there is helpful even if it is not directly pig related.

Lisa and Paige, with Jack- and Zippy-sized holes in our hearts, and the rest of my subdued gang here at Wheeks and Squeaks