[Gpdd] Health: Heatwave suggestion

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 24 09:38:23 EDT 2005

Hi piggies and their peoples

Sally and I have found a trick to stay cool in the scorcher days of summer.
When Sally was sick and needed to be hydrated I diluted pure carrot juice
with some water and syringe fed her. Now that she is better she just thinks
of it as a treat. A litre of carrot juice goes along way so I ended up
freezing it in ice cube trays and then storing them in a ziploc bag. I just
pull out a cube and put it in a dish and she loves to nibble on her piggie
popsicle. She's usually pretty good about keeping it in her dish but hey
she's a piggie!

We also do the frozen water bottles and I just wrap them in a small towel so
she doesn't lean right up against them.

Here's to all piggies and peoples staying cool in the summer sun.

Martha & Sally