[Gpdd] Health Sick Guinea pig with sore feet

JODI GRIMM jodigrimm at msn.com
Sun Jun 26 17:48:21 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have a very sick pig.  On tuesday June 22nd Gussie had his back teeth
filed down.  He recovered by Wed. and was looking for food as usual.  He is
taking Metacam for pain.  The on Saturday June 25 I noticed that he was
really not moving around a whole lot.  This is really unusual he is a
free-range piggy.  So I took him to an Emergency Vet clinic.  They suspected
that he had an infection from the teeth that had gone to the joints in his
back legs.  They gave me enrofloxian to fight any infection.  He is eating
just fine.  He just is not getting up and moving around. His back legs are
very sensitive and swollen.  He has not had any injury to his back legs and
has no open sores.  Currently I'm giving him his meds and just waiting
untill Monday when his regular vet can take a look at him.  Does anyone have
any advice.  I can't stand to see my pig suffer.  Any ideas or help would be
greatly appreciated.  Does anyone know of a very qualified 24 hour place in
seattle that has good vets?
Jodi
jodigrimm at msn.com