[Gpdd] health: rashes on humans

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 1 12:19:26 EST 2005

I get rashes on my wrists and other places that piggie nails could enter my skin.  I used to get red ares where Tribbie's fur (she's an abby) hit me.  My doctor thought it might be from the poo in the toenails or on the end of the fur.

She suggested getting some 0.05% or 0.1% hydrocortisone cream from the drugstore and using it on the spots.  Also, washing the areas as soon as possible helps.  I've discovered out that I am allergic to cucumbers (which I've never liked) after Lokai licked my face after having a bit of cucumber.  My face got red and splotchy in the areas that she licked.  Washing it quickly and using the cortisone got rid of it.

I hope my experience helps.

Jan
Mom to Tribble and Lokai