[Gpdd] (HEALTH) Salt Licks and to Stop Bleeding

Janelle D. Smith janelle300 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 1 17:13:30 EST 2005

I've been on the GPDD since Dec. of 1997.  Maybe I'm remembering things
wrong, but I've also heard that cornstarch can stop bleeding.  And as a last
resort, put pressure on the bleeding nail.

As for salt licks....I read (a long time ago) that they were bad for gp's.
I've also heard that salt licks can cause bladder stones.  But maybe I heard
that on the bladder stone mailing list.  Anyone remember this?

Warm wheeks, Janelle

P.S.  As for animals "knowing" they have a deficiency and needing salt, well
maybe that's correct.  Bu it sure doesn't work that way for me.........what
am I lacking if I want chocolate all the time????!!!!