[Gpdd] HEALTH - Calico Stone

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 20:52:27 EST 2005

Hi To All - I took a urine sample in for my sweet Calico today.  Sadly, the
doctor called me to inform me that Calico had a lot of blood in his urine and
that he didn't see any sign of infection.  He believes that he has either a
stone, a cyst or a tumor in his bladder.  I was sincerely hoping that it was only
a UTI that could be cured with antibiotics.  He wants me to go in for an
X-Ray on Friday if I choose to. Calico is very run down from his previous URI and
has lost 5 ounces of weight already. I am not sure if he could survive
surgery.  I am really hurting and must make a difficult decision.  He said that I may
want to watch him for a few days and see if he starts to eat better, etc.
Either way could be risky, however.  Please keep us in your thoughts and
prayers.  I only hope that I can make the correct decision.  Sad Wheeeeeps, Debra,
Pumpkin, Peanut, Calico and Snickers