[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE] Another tiny soul

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 23:13:23 EST 2005

Anita,

That is so heartbreaking to read your story.  I am so sorry to hear about Flannel's passing.  It was all too familiar to me with my Cupcakers passing back in February in a similar way.  I felt the same way you do; should have done this, should have done that, etc.  It is so heartbreaking, but in the end, I also stopped forcefeeding him when I knew he just wanted to be left alone and held until that moment.

Remember, you did all you could, you tried your best and Flannel knew it.  He loved you for caring for him as much as you did.  He received the best care from you

Regarding the ground being frozen and with the snow, can you put Flannel in his casket and either (this is kind of disgusting) put him in your freezer until the snow is gone and ground thaws or put him outside where nothing can get to him?  I don't know what else you could do.  But these are the thoughts I had.  I actually had a back porch where it was pretty cold where I kept my Cupcakers for a few days while the ground thawed out some since it was pretty cold
and the ground was frozen.  Luckily for me, it warmed up some in Feb so I was able to dig.

Again, I am sorry for your loss of Flannel.

Hugs and Wheeeks,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"