[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] re: Another tiny soul

Jenni jenni at beethoven.com
Thu Mar 3 13:38:36 EST 2005

Warm Wheeks to you, Anita, and to your beloved Flannel,

I too try to do "everything" right...and when my babies get sick I ask the
same exact questions.  The only thought that gives me solace is that whee do
our best, our piggies appreciate it and love us for it and feel our love,
but as each individual piggy has his/her own personality, so their bodies
also all differ individually.  They don't start out perfect and then we
"mess up"-- I think our good care does wonders, but the complex body, human
OR animal, just seems to have things go wrong that we can't always control
entirely.  And I don't feel like you made any mistakes in his final
weeks...you can only push so much, but then the hardest part is letting go.
You worked well with your baby and let him communicate his need to you.  I'm
sorry for your sadness, but he had a great mom, the most a piggy ever wants!
Oh, yes, and the "frozen ground" problem...if it doesn't offend you, I have
done this many times until an appropriate burial time arrives.  Lay Flannel
to rest in a cozy box with soft cloth, enclose in heavy plastic bag, and
store in the freezer.

                                        Wishing you comfort and fond
memories of Flannel,
                                        (he's STILL your FOREVER piggy no