[Gpdd] Care: Newspaper bedding

Karenluntw at aol.com Karenluntw at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 12:29:39 EST 2005

Hi all,  Just wanted to add my two cents about newspaper.   Rachel, don't
worry about using the newspaper.  Several gp sites say that  it is OK.  In fact,
my boys get shredded newspaper instead of wood  shavings.  I believe Carla who
writes frequently for the Gpdd uses shredded  paper as well.  As with any
shaving that you may use, they all have  advantages and disadvantages.  It is not
the newspaper itself that is  harmful, but the colored ink on the color
pages.  I try to avoid these  pages, or fold them in so the boys are not directly
on them.  If you are  using this as a bottom layer and then shavings, you
should not have a problem at  all.
Thank you Misty for the update on the beanies.  Rosa is cute!   Also, our
condolences to Cinny's slaves and Flannel's slaves.  As the days  pass, may your
hearts be filled with good memories.
Karen:  Slave to Rex, Rajah, and Rocket