[Gpdd] Health - Buffy's Lump Update & Help

LunarButterfli at comcast.net LunarButterfli at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 20:56:00 EST 2005

Hi all-

  I took Buffy with her lump that I thought was an ovarian cyst in to the vet last night, and much to my dismay it is a Mammarian tumor.  My vet is VERY experienced with gpigs, and has done 2 surgeries on 2 of my other pigs, including a neuter and a tumor removal on the back.  She recommended that Buffy get spayed along with taking out the tumor.  This would eliminate all the possibilities of her having ovarian cysts, which she suspects exist as well.  Her hormones are all out of whack, and she said that taking it all out would eliminate all the problem areas, and allow her hair to grow back.  She also has cataracts, but I dunno what to do, if anything, about those.  Does anyone have any experience with spaying success rates or mammarian tumors?  She is almost 3 years old, so I want to save her life.  If we don't operate then she will just die slowly as the tumor continues to grow and infiltrate other organs.  :( so sad!!!  If anyone has any advice let me know!  She is going to go in for surgery next week.  The vet said not to wait too long.

Thanks in advance.

Madi; slave to Trixie, Buffy,
Koko, Nikki, Gadget and, waiting
at the bridge, Gizmo