[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - My new ball of cotton wool

Andrew a.mills at portset.net
Wed Mar 9 15:56:02 EST 2005

Mum went into Plymouth today.  She looked in the pet shop and there were two little white guinea pigs.  She could see they had different coats and asked what type they were.  The pet shop said they were rex.  Mum knows I like rex and rex type guinea pigs so she phoned me at work to find out whether I was interested.  Was I interested?  She might as well have asked our dogs if they wanted some food!  At this point she wasn't sure whether they were male or female so she wanted to know which I would prefer.  I said I'd prefer a male if they had one but a female would be o.k.  She went back and found that they had one of each (they were in separate cages) so she got the male for me.  She was doubtful whether or not he was a rex, he seemed a bit fluffy for a rex she thought.  When I got home the first thing I did was went to look at him.  Well, he's really cute.  At the moment he just looks like a little ball of cotton wool.  I don't think he's a proper rex, his fur seems a bit t!
oo long for a rex.  I think maybe he's got a bit of texel in him.  Perhaps he's a rexel!  I think I'll just have to wait until he grows a bit to find out what his coat will be like.  So, we have another new addition.  I certainly wasn't expecting to get a new addition today so it's been a really nice surprise.