[Gpdd] Health - Buffy's Lump Update & Help

Maren Fouts butzm at ece.osu.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:11:49 EST 2005

Madi,

I thought I would give you what little info I have about pets and
cataracts.  The dog we had when I was a kid and older developed cataracts.
 We had the option of surgery but then he would be totally blind.  We
decided to leave his eyes alone because he could still at least see light
and shadow.  He did well enough.  Even once in a while when he would walk
around the house he would butt his head into some piece of furniture, make
a grunt noise, then back up and go off in another direction.  I never knew
him to run into things more than once.  he did rather well navigating from
memory, but sometimes it would be dark so he couldn't see as well.  I
would think your piggie would be just fine with cataracts.  Keep us
updated!

Maren Sam and Rosie